"James, alongside everyone at Sporting Appointments, was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole recruitment process. He really took the stress out of my job search and presented me with a dream job for a company I never thought would be available to me. James supported me throughout the whole process, offering advice and guidance during the interview stages and always kept me up to date and in the loop with what was happening. James was professional, diligent and presented a real passion for helping me land the job, which is not something I have encountered before. I would not hesitate to recommend James to anyone looking for a position, and will be sending any potential job seekers his way."
Entertainment and Events Planner
- In conjunction with the Senior Event Designer, overseeing the development, production and delivery of the Events Entertainment from proposal right up to on-the-day management.
- Assisting with entertainment and attractions for events.
- Managing the budget and the event delivery.
- Overseeing the wayfinding and event signage in conjunction with Marketing and Facilities.
- Ensuring the events meet customer expectations.
- Work closely with the Senior Event Designer to create the overall vision for the day and to ensure seamless delivery across site and all departments.
- Managing of relevant supplier and Contractor relationships.
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing Teams to understand the Event Strategy and deliver customer experiences commensurate with expectation.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the guest’ experience and our company/brand’s reputation.
- Working with colleagues across the rest of the business to set the standard, then deliver and maintain the highest quality guest journey.
- Any other ad hoc requests as necessary.
- Project work: Seeing a plan through from start to finish, such as researching, costing, liaising with suppliers and assisting with site set-up.
- Research competitor markets for future ideas.
- Processing the accounting and invoices for the entertainment and events as well as being responsible for the Entertainment annual budgets.
- Manage on behalf of the Operations department external signage and site wayfinding requests, working with the Sign Writer, managing the install of signs and their site locations.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing to ensure the correct information is being given to guests from the point of booking, PYD communications to their time at the venue.
- Responsible for wash-up reports and debriefs, to be circulated across the business – identifying what needs to be actioned and rectified ahead of the next meeting.
- Based on customer response and feedback, steer the entertainment offering and oversee the long-term annual planning;
- Working closely with the Senior Event Designer on the creation of the vision documents, but taking day to day responsibility for producing, keeping them up to date and communicating them to the wider business.
- Oversee the entertainment and activities. Managing set up and derig, information and queue management.
- Responsible for the writing and distribution of the timetable.
- Available for customers for any issues that arise on site relating to the entertainment.
- Responsible for supporting the day to day operation by focusing on every aspect of the venue and working in partnership with the Event Design Co-ordinator
- Evaluation of guests’ entertainment and activity experience and implement preventive and corrective actions - monitoring queue lines, communicating to customers and resolving any site concerns.
- Experience of working in hospitality or events or Amusement Parks.
- Creative and excellent coordination skills.
- Ability to work in an open office environment and become a key team member.
- Working closely with a large team, so good interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proactive and able to work independently on projects and use own initiative.
- Professional and approachable.
- Self-motivated with a desire to get the job done and on time.
- Excellent administrative, communication, people office management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, tenacity, co-ordination and organisation.
- Practical with strong common sense and ability to problem solve.
- To continuously acts as a role model through. demonstrating the values; Elegance, Uplifting and Original.
- This role will involve unsociable working hours including evenings and weekends.
- Physically able to move around a large site on foot, to perform the duties required.
- People management skills with the ability to train team members – ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Dynamic, forward thinking individual, looking to drive the business forward.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the sport industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to sports recruitment, please contact us now.