"If you’re looking for high calibre candidates who fit the brief, I strongly recommend Sporting Appointments!"
Leicester Tigers Rugby Club
Key Account Manager (Buying Groups)
Up to €56,000
The role of the Key Account Manager / Sport is to develop, service, and grow profitable business within key Sport teams and strategic Buying Group accounts. While primarily responsible for driving sales within the business, this position is also responsible for looking for new opportunities in both Team Sport, licensed and unbranded business and for developing OEM business with approved brands if required.
- Manage specified Teams and Accounts in order to achieve corporate objectives and budgeted targets
- Build long term profitable business partnership
- Develop and execute clear business plans with regards to product, pricing, marketing, in-store (where relevant) and logistical excellence
- Ensure successful integration of seasonal sales and marketing initiatives
- Effective communication to departments/stakeholders both internally and externally
- Present product and secure orders by working capably within set ranges, deadlines and targets
- Sales data analysis – use and understand retail data (eg stock to sales ratio, weeks cover etc) to benefit the Company and customer
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding of the retail landscape, the key stakeholders, distribution and segmentation, the strength of our brand and competitor activity, new trends etc
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional sales experience in Sports/Fashion sector
- Well-developed presentation skills – PowerPoint, verbally and with product
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to analyse high volumes of information and convert this into meaningful business information.
- Ability to write and implement 3-5-year strategic account plans to encompass all aspects of the strategic plan
- Have the ability to work cross functionally in the business and build relationships at all levels
- Full understanding of retail maths, the ability to “think like a retailer” stock to sales ratio, weeks cover etc
- Can demonstrate strong influencing skills at all levels
Qualifications & Achievements:
- Enthusiastic positive person who embraces work with a sense of urgency and persistence
- Long term approach to business management
- Hand-on approach to all aspects of business as well as being a team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels of Management with the account and internally
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Full, clean driving license
- Location – the position is field based with business-critical visits to Head Office only
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.