"The candidate we recruited via Sporting Appointments has settled in well and has turned out to be a great success."
New Business Sales Executive
Are you an experienced sales professional with a real passion and motivation for driving new business? Do you have experience or an interest in sports and events? Our client has been the official hospitality provider at some of the UK’s top sporting events! Currently is looking to appoint a New Business Sales Executive.
As our New Business Sales Executive, your role will focus on generating new business across the core events. This will be a critical role contributing to the growth and success of both contracts. Your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the new and existing hospitality products to the hospitality market
- To identify new areas of growth and maximising potential around new accounts
- Cross selling across the portfolio
- Creating bespoke sales plans by event – where required
- Meeting both annual and event / match specific sales targets
- Maintaining required sales pace
- Staying on top of campaign activity
- Client retention through established strong existing relationships.
- Maximising revenue by utilising the database and managing the sales process.
- Creating and attending appointments / customer show rounds, with both new and existing customers.
- Implementing new initiatives to drive new business.
- Making sure individual and team KPI’s are hit.
- Presenting the inventory to both new and existing customers. Maximising the marketing suite and entertaining opportunities to introduce the new products
- Responding to and being the point of contact for all sales and non-sales issues and enquiries, resolving within the agreed time frames.
- Building and managing a sales pipeline and managing this to the agreed standard.
- Logging all sales activity within the CRM system and managing this to the agreed standard.
- Being aware of market intelligence and competitor activity.
The Ideal Candidate
- To be right for us, you will have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- A track record of delivery and achievement of growth targets, ideally in a hospitality environment but not essential.
- Experience of performing within a commission-based sales environment.
- A keen networker with the ability and ambition to hunt out sales prospects is essential.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Experienced customer relationship manager with strong evidence to demonstrate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills- adept at questioning and listening.
- Results driven and motivated to achieve targets.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Previous experienced using a CRM system, ideally Microsoft Dynamics but not essential.
- Strong IT and Excel skills would be an advantage.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible working hours to cover business needs.
- Will be required to entertain and meet customers on event days.
Due to the nature of this role, this person is required to have a driving license with access to a vehicle.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.