"Sporting Appointments helped progress my career by finding a new role for me. They were very efficient in the whole process, listening to what I wanted to achieve, and ensuring that it was delivered.
Very reliable, strong communication, and understanding on what a specific role means to the client, I would highly recommend speaking with Sporting Appointments if you looking to change your employment role."
Contract Manager (Cleaning Services Manager)
The Contract Manager will fulfil the job role of the Cleaning Services Manager and be responsible for developing and managing the delivery of efficient and effective support service operations.
Health & Safety Purpose: To take a direct interest in the health and safety of yourself, your subordinates and others who may be affected by your work activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Operational Management Processes: Ensure that:
- The venue is provided with the specified service support functions effectively and efficiently, ensuring that the Client can deliver unhindered business.
- Delivery of year-round housekeeping, event day cleaning and logistics.
- All operational practices are undertaken with due diligence and adherence to company policy and procedure.
- Work practices are undertaken in accordance to Health & Safety Policy.
- Risk assessments and auditing of work practices are completed.
- Help Desk requests are actioned and updated in a timely manner.
- Client assets are sustained, maintained and protected.
- Customer feedback is evaluated to inform the rest of the team/ business and used to improve products, services and service delivery systems.
Contract Development: Ensure that:
- Client relationships are maintained and enhanced.
- Client requested documentation is actioned.
- Preparation and adherence to specific contract budget is achieved.
- Profit levels are maintained or improved.
- Management controls are developed and implemented, risks are minimised and return maximised.
- A clear understandable motivating vision is presented of where the business unit is heading.
- That there is a focus on the long term, not just the daily task.
Event Practices: :
- Ensuring adherence to timeline delivery.
- Setting benchmarks of good practice.
- Monitoring performance, developing performance improvement plans (financial, labour, and operational) and ensuring event reports reflect all issues.
- Ensuring IT reporting systems are developed and used affectively to prove KPI and SLA requirements.
- Ensuring staff are trained in event procedure.
- Leading teams to find pragmatic solutions in new or unusual circumstances or where there is incomplete information.
- Directing and leading from the front particularly in times of uncertainty and change.
- Developing and promoting a culture of openness by welcoming feedback and challenge from others and using it to improve business and team performance.
- Management of the recruitment process and procedure is undertaken with correct practice.
- Staff are trained in their responsibilities and safe systems of work and the registers of training records are completed and current.
- Opportunities for team members are sought to work with colleagues across the group.
- Team members are developed and mentored to the next level.
- Formal appraisals are undertaken.
- Temporary and contract team members are developed and integrated effectively.
- A succession plan is developed for the business unit through effective talent management.
Administration and General:
- Produce reports as required by the Company and Client.
- Ensure KPI and SLA requirements are met and proven through high quality administration.
- Prepare statutory returns as required.
- Liaise with appropriate statutory authorities as required.
- Attend Company Meetings and other company conferences as required.
- You recognise key influencers and decision-makers and gain their confidence and support. Issues are effectively articulated to senior internal and external contacts.
- You communicate and support tough or controversial decisions both internally and externally.
Experience & Skills:
- A suitable educational background is required, preferably with a degree qualification.
- Thorough competence in the delivery of ‘soft’ facilities management is required.
- Extensive experience in the 5-star Hotel industries, event industry or in a service related field is required.
- Proven ability to develop business through sound negotiation, change management, strategic decision making
- Experience in project management, adherence to tight timetables.
- Proven ability to deliver quality customer service and ensure issues are effectively resolved in a timely manner.
- Excellent financial management skills, particularly the preparation and monitoring of detailed budgets and cash flow projections.
- Proven understanding of Health & Safety legislation (HASAW) and best practice.
- Proven understanding of Windows based applications.
- Able to work to meet Client / event demands and availability to work flexible hours
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, pl