"James, alongside everyone at Sporting Appointments, was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole recruitment process. He really took the stress out of my job search and presented me with a dream job for a company I never thought would be available to me. James supported me throughout the whole process, offering advice and guidance during the interview stages and always kept me up to date and in the loop with what was happening. James was professional, diligent and presented a real passion for helping me land the job, which is not something I have encountered before. I would not hesitate to recommend James to anyone looking for a position, and will be sending any potential job seekers his way."
Partnership Development Manager
As part of the Commercial team, this role will be crucial in the process of securing new commercial partners for the Club on an international scale.
The Partnership Development Manager will work with the Head of Partnership Development to drive revenue through the development of commercial partnerships by finding brands that deliver the best commercial value and brand fit for the Club.
The certain Club have a sponsorship activation team that liaise with partners once signed, this individual will have no responsibility for the day to day management of partners.
- Deliver new global and regional partners to the club and contribute to the revenue targets of the Commercial team
- Deliver agreed individual targets against commercial business development plan
- Research various industry sectors for potential target brands in collaboration with the Partnership Development Executive and Head of Partnership Development
- Assist in identifying appropriate target industry sectors
- In collaboration with the Partnership Development Executive, and using various research techniques and appropriate resources, find the name and contact details for the best person to approach within each targeted brand
- Create bespoke and flexible partnership presentations in keeping with the specific brief from individual companies
- Present a compelling proposition of the partnership opportunities to C-suite and senior level individuals in targeted companies
- Conclude partnership agreements including negotiation of commercial terms, working alongside the Head of Partnership Development and Commercial Director to conclude full form agreements
- To liaise and develop relationships with agencies where appropriate across international markets
- To generate revenue from a variety of sources including but not limited to sponsorship, IP, player image rights, digital media, hospitality, promotional and matchday rights
- Contribute to the development of the partner strategy and process to deliver results in accordance with the Commercial Team’s budgets and targets
- Attend appropriate sport industry and sector specific events to network and develop new leads
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Track record of exceptional sales/business development achievements in the sports, media or other B2B industries
- At least 3 years’ experience of B2B sales including cold-calling
- Evidence and experience of building relationships with and presenting to senior clients within partner organisations
- Leading or playing a major part in negotiating and closing high value B2B partnership deals
- Experience of working with legal teams in compiling contracts and negotiating terms with legal support
- Understanding of brand dynamics and market trends
- Excellent presentational skills and ability to persuade and influence audience with credible business content
- Commercial acumen proven through ability to create and develop strategic plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to quickly build trust and relationships
- Demonstrable experience of identifying and securing high value brand partnerships. Knowledge of key commercial drivers of compatible sectors would be advantageous
- An ability and a natural instinct to identify leads and focus on prospects where the interest and the chance of success is genuine
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- A natural affinity or passion for sport
- Self-motivated, able to work quickly and precisely, multi-task, and respond to a variety of needs, sometimes under pressure
- Sales and delivery focused – but not at the expense of brand integrity or company values
- Planning, systematic and analytical view with respect to delivery of business opportunities
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.