"James, alongside everyone at Sporting Appointments, was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole recruitment process. He really took the stress out of my job search and presented me with a dream job for a company I never thought would be available to me. James supported me throughout the whole process, offering advice and guidance during the interview stages and always kept me up to date and in the loop with what was happening. James was professional, diligent and presented a real passion for helping me land the job, which is not something I have encountered before. I would not hesitate to recommend James to anyone looking for a position, and will be sending any potential job seekers his way."
The core purpose of this role is customer satisfaction and sales growth. You’ll be managing your own territory, which has an established customer base of prestigious accounts and you’ll be using your skills to develop and provide high level of service to all customers, through selling and merchandising our amazing product range.
Exceeding sales target
- You’ll exceed the pre-book seasonal targets for the defined territory delivering the growth in line to the agreed country’s strategic growth initiatives
- You’ll exceed the in-season at-once sales targets, continually reviewing the inventory holding and stock opportunities in the accounts and using all tools open to you
Managing your territory, order book and customer needs:
- You’ll be responsible for how the accounts represent our brand, ensuring the correct product assortment, their store team’s brand & product knowledge through to the visual presentation both in store and digitally
- You’ll constantly review the calibre of the accounts in the territory ensuring we are selling through the strongest retailer available in each town and city
- Open new account opportunities with a diligent and thorough approach on new account opening forms to speed head office approval
- Partner with the head office marketing team to secure key window and in store space to promote our seasonal marketing messages both in SS and AW
- You’ll be entrepreneurial in seeing the opportunities within our territory accounts to take shelf and/or digital space away from our competitors
- Collect the seasonal order book in line to the company monthly buys and cut off dates
- Support the customer service team to ensure the seasonal order book ships on time
- Partner with the head office credit control team to quickly resolve any poor payment account performance
- Through excellent account management, you’ll really understand our customer needs and how we can maximize the opportunity for our brand
- You’ll feedback to the head office team key product silhouettes, pricing and phasing requirements we need to grow our independent business
General and business admin:
- Manage your seasonal salesman sample set keeping these current and in first class condition for all “on the road” sell in
- You’ll support the head office team on the seasonal change over & set up in the London showroom
- Completion of your monthly territory sales reports any further HQ report requests
- Background in wholesale sales, ideally within the fashion industry
- You’ll have an enthusiasm for sales and a hunger for success
- A born negotiator – ability to influence, challenge and balance the achievement of commercial targets
- Articulate and accurate communicator
- Good listening skills
- Super organised with an ability to manage tour own time and enjoy working autonomously
- Email & Microsoft Office proficient
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.