"Excellent service and commitment from Sporting Appointments made our recruitment process a lot easier."
Lancashire County Cricket Club
Business Development Manager
To develop and manage sales of football Teamwear to Professional, Semi-professional and Amateur Football Clubs in Scotland.
- Responsible for the Customer Relationship including:
- Achieving annual sales target.
- Achieving annual profit margin target.
- Pro-actively targeting new business – working closely with the Marketing Department.
- Managing effective communication from the business to the customer.
- Working closely with Customer Service and Finance Teams to ensure the smooth processing of orders.
Customer liaison; managing day to day relationship with customer in an efficient and time effective manner, ensuring customers fully understand the constraints of the business and managing expectations accordingly (lead times, design requirements, use of web order tool etc.).
Inter-department liaison; ensuring the business has an understanding of customer requirements.
Using Salesforce to maximise personal effectiveness and keep the business updated with key account information.
To act in the appropriate manner as the ‘front face’ of the business.
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and passion of football at all levels.
- The successful candidate will have significant sales experience within a field sales role, ideally football Teamwear.
- Possess a proven ability to work within a changing and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the customer’s perspective of the sales process – ideally an active grassroots football player.
- Demonstrate an ability to be a proactive and solutions driven individual who is able to manage their own workload and time to get the job done.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
- A highly self-motivated team player with great enthusiasm and energy who is able to thrive in a result driven environment.
- PC literate with strong skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint software.
- Driving license essential.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.