Your experience and enthusiasm for sales will be an asset to you in designing, negotiating and securing bespoke partnership deals across the business. Tailoring bespoke commercial recommendations based on the organisation’s key business objectives you will generate sales leads and deliver exceptional presentations on our products and services.
• Deliver new partners to the club and contribute to the revenue targets of the Commercial team
• Deliver agreed individual targets against commercial business development plan
• Research various industry sectors for potential target brands in collaboration with the rest of Commercial team
• Assist in identifying appropriate target industry sectors
• In collaboration with the team, and using various research techniques and appropriate resources, find the name and contact details for the best person to approach within each targeted brand
• Create bespoke and flexible partnership presentations in keeping with the specific brief from individual companies
• Present a compelling proposition of the partnership opportunities to C-suite and senior level individuals in targeted companies
• Conclude partnership agreements including negotiation of commercial terms
• To generate revenue from a variety of sources including but not limited to sponsorship, IP, player image rights, digital media, hospitality, promotional and matchday rights
• Contribute to the development of the partner strategy and process to deliver results in accordance with the Commercial Team’s budgets and targets
• Attend appropriate sport industry and sector specific events to network and develop new leads
• Track record of exceptional sales/business development achievements in the sports, media or other B2B industries
• At least 1-year experience of B2B sales including cold-calling
• Evidence and experience of building relationships with and presenting to senior clients
• Excellent presentational skills and ability to persuade and influence audience with credible business content
• Commercial acumen proven through ability to create and develop strategic plans
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to quickly build trust and relationships
• An ability and an instinct to identify leads and focus on prospects where the interest and the chance of success is genuine
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• A natural affinity or passion for sports
• Self-motivated, able to work quickly and precisely, multi-task, and respond to a variety of needs, sometimes under pressure
• Sales and delivery focused – but not at the expense of brand integrity or company values
• Planning, systematic and analytical view with respect to delivery of business opportunities
The role is based on a full-time position, with requirements to work additional hours to meet and entertain clients, which will include evenings and weekends. There are some travel requirements in this role both locally and nationally to meet with prospective partners; therefore, a full driving license and access to your own vehicle is essential.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.