"Sporting Appointments were a pleasure to deal with when he placed me as Client Services Manager at Chelsea FC. They provided sound advice and ensured that the role was right for me. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Sporting Appointments; whether you're a candidate looking for a new role or an employer who has a position to fill."
Field Marketing Specialist (Sport)
£26000 - 28000
Regional Sports Marketing
Implementation of a regional sports marketing plan:
- Understanding of regional sports landscape – An in-depth knowledge of the landscape, trends and the opportunities that exist across the North of England to help grow the business.
- Creation and implementation of a regional marketing plan – devising how to grow the business across your region through tailored sponsorship and athlete activation plans.
- Project Management – development and delivery of branded sports events within the region with a strong focus on creativity.
- Opinion Leader networks – established relationships with credible scene leaders in aspects of sport across your region.
- Media – creating and maintaining strong connections with scene media in your region.
- Create and deliver a regional student marketing plan in line with the national strategy, through the management of 4-6 Student Brand Managers
- Understanding the student landscape - Building tailored Campus plans for each university in line with the national student marketing strategy
- Day to day management of Student Brand Managers ensuring all key performance indicators are met (project/activation targets, can targets, product knowledge) contributing to greater cut through with students
- Recruitment and Training – Recruiting, briefing, training, coaching, motivating and mentoring the Student Brand Managers to ensure a consistently positive consumer experience
- Effective budget management of the annual Sport spend for the South East region, ensuring spend and day to day budget management is accurate and demonstrating commercial and entrepreneurial mind-set.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build a strong rapport with the UK Sports Specialists and National Team.
- Create and maintain unity with other relevant Field based teams for the greater good of the consumer experience delivered.
- Previous experience in marketing and live events (preferably 2 years or more)
- A proven background in negotiation and budget management.
- A creative flare with a passion for brands and sports.
- A strategic thinker with strong organisational skills.
- Strong understanding of the sporting landscape in the North of England, its sporting scenes and key opinion leaders.
- Strong understanding of the student world.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.