"Sporting Appointments have placed me in two roles that were not just the right roles at the right time, but roles that he knew would help me achieve my careers goals. It's not often you come across an agency who puts so much time and care into finding you the right role. I can highly recommend Sporting Appointments for anybody moving forward or into the sports arena."
Strategic Partnership Lead
£55,000-65,000 + bonus
To effectively lead and manage all the key relationships with rights holders and ambassadors – activation, contract negotiations and the entire partnership budget. To establish and deploy the sponsorship strategy, objectives and yearly plans. Working with brands to develop and lead world class sponsorship activations through key strategic agency partners and alongside the wider team.
- To own & lead all partnerships with sponsorship rights holders & ambassadors in order to generate maximum ROI.
- To establish objectives for key sponsorship properties in line with overall brand KPI’s.
- To develop best in class activation of all key rights in line with mainstream brand campaigns so as to deliver against brand KPI’s.
- Monitor & evaluate the ROI of key sponsorship assets against set KPI’s in consultation with research partners.
- To input into long term brand planning and shape the sponsorship strategy in accordance with brand plans and vice versa
- To continually improve the ROI from sponsorship by applying learning’s from the activation of key rights against set KPI’s
- To deliver long-term recommendations into the brand team as to future asset & activation strategy.
- To also act as a strategic advisor into the brand teams & agencies as to the best use of sports rights in ATL campaigns.
- To lead retained sponsorship agency/LRS stakeholders on all negotiation with rights holders. This will include the renewal of existing rights & also acquisition of new rights
- On an annual basis, work with the brand teams to define the scope of work for retained sponsorship agency & then negotiate annual fee to secure the SOW within defined budgets.
- On a 6-monthly basis, conduct performance reviews with sponsorship agency in order to continually improve their performance against a defined set of KPI’s.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in managing strategic & tactical partnerships either brand or agency side
- Proven experience leading contract negotiations and renewals
- Previous experience leading highly effective brand marketing activation campaigns linked to partnerships
- Strong background of having effectively managed multiple agencies
- Ideally FMCG/Consumer goods background
- University degree level education or equivalent
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.