"Sporting Appointments were a pleasure to deal with when he placed me as Client Services Manager at Chelsea FC. They provided sound advice and ensured that the role was right for me. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Sporting Appointments; whether you're a candidate looking for a new role or an employer who has a position to fill."
Partnerships Manager (Sports)
The Commercial Department currently maintains responsibility for the following areas: television sales, TV services, sponsorship sales plus licensing, merchandising and rights digitalisation. The Department concentrates on developing the Club’s existing brands, and strengthens relationships with existing and new sponsors, broadcasters and the sports industry.
- Lead quarterly measurement of client satisfaction levels across International Competitions.
- Support Commercial Director on Partnership Contract Renewals
- Create partnership opportunities – helping the Club to build a closer connection with key decision makers
- Conduct quarterly meetings with global sponsors, including End of Year review/preview meetings
- Be a clear communicator; facilitating an easier flow of information between sponsors and all other departments (Event Operations, Marketing, Digital, Communications, Circuits)
- Drive maximum value for commercial partners, ensuring alignment to strategic priorities
- Understand sponsors’ business objectives, enabling the Club to maximize sponsorship delivery
- Management of Partner activation programmes, ensuring delivery of contractual rights across all areas, including broadcast and digital
- Work collaboratively across the other departments to oversee the delivery of rights
- Manage and grow portfolio of Partner Case Studies
- Manage the media valuation agency, their annual deliverables and ad hoc internal and external requests for additional research
- Manage partner budgets, including forecasting
- Ensure that project management processes are followed on all initiatives, including evaluations, reporting, briefings, approvals and the monitoring of KPIs
- Nurture partner relationships and support the Commercial Director
- Identify other collaborative opportunities within the business
- Harness close relationships with other partners across Club’s properties
- Manage Partnerships Co-ordinator and aid professional development
- Maintaining a key role in sharing intelligence and information with the Sponsorship Manager and Commercial Director so they are fully equipped for the renewal and sales cycle
- Identifying new areas of potential business development within the sponsorship and illustrate commercial business sense
- Extensive, demonstrable experience in an international account management (or strong senior account executive) role within the sports marketing industry
- Experience in event management and rights delivery
- Strong market knowledge and ability to follow business opportunities for our clients
- Fluency in spoken and written English (additional languages an asset)
- Attend Club’s events with global stakeholders and where sponsor relationship requires
- Entertain sponsors at events where relevant
- Attendance at other properties to identify partnership growth opportunities
- Quarterly Sponsorship Client Meetings
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.