"Sporting Appointments helped me find and get the job I wanted. He was extremely helpful and friendly and made me feel like he cared about my career, which is not often the case when dealing with recruitment agencies. He's been there every step of the way, even after I signed my contract. I would definitely recommend Sporting Appointments!"
Reporting into the Senior Account Manager, the successful candidate will contribute to the day-to-day delivery of certain football sponsorships.
- Ticketing, promotions fulfilment, on-site activities, staffing, Wembley branding & experiential, website assistance etc.
- Management, administration, communication with each venue and operations agency, staffing and project guides. Includes on-site management at a number of events (over weekends – approx. 5).
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Client meetings and Events etc. (e.g. video and imagery requests, summary documents, data collection, presentations, status reports etc.)
- General administration including well-organised, up to date file management and on-going updated project status reports
- Accurate and up to date budget management and financial control of each project they are working on
- The successful candidate should also be happy and confident to contribute to all project discussions, both internally and with client.
Importantly they need to be very bright and articulate – and able to immediately and enthusiastically take on the role and responsibilities.
- At least 1+ years’ experience of working within the Events / Sports sponsorship industry, ideally working in partnership marketing and/or with a sporting rights holder.
- Experience of managing on-site event staff and consumers (e.g. families, children, prize winners)
Key competencies and personal attributes
- A down to earth, logical, self-starting Account Manager
- Strong organisational and administrative skills – demonstrating first-rate and accurate project management abilities, delivering projects to a high standard on time and within budget.
- Comfortable and articulate working with figures and finance
- Able to multi-task is important – as well as good attention to detail is needed, plus stamina and patience
- Personable and good people skills. A proven ability to manage people and work comfortably within a busy team, other agencies and Clients. Managing expectations of the team and the Client at all times.
- Since the role requires engagement and communication with a wide number of stakeholders, they must be personable, a good listener and communicator, confident and articulate in everything they do
- Good team player, ensuring that he/she fits quickly into the team and wider Agency
- A sense of humour and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential. Above all, be super passionate, motivated and enthusiastic
- Proactive – able to drive projects forward, make things happen and work on his/her own
- Passionate about sponsorship & sports marketing industry
Other Points of note
- Proficient at MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and all social media tools
- Full driving license is required
- Ability to travel and work at the weekends occasionally – the role will also require occasional travel (week day and weekends) within the UK
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the sport industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to sports recruitment, please contact us now.