"James, alongside everyone at Sporting Appointments, was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole recruitment process. He really took the stress out of my job search and presented me with a dream job for a company I never thought would be available to me. James supported me throughout the whole process, offering advice and guidance during the interview stages and always kept me up to date and in the loop with what was happening. James was professional, diligent and presented a real passion for helping me land the job, which is not something I have encountered before. I would not hesitate to recommend James to anyone looking for a position, and will be sending any potential job seekers his way."
Sales Executive (New Business)
Business Development proactively promote, sell and drive business into the venue – predominately Membership sales. Contribute towards building the hospitality waitlist (Season 18/19), promote and driving new seasonal business and match by match hospitality. Proactively promote the meeting & event facilities on site, drive new business from third party agencies, corporates & support the meeting & events team with enquiry conversion.
To work closely within the Business Development Team, Hospitality Sales, Client Services and The Meeting and Events team.
- Proactive sales role
- Make a number of proactive calls to secure meetings and site inspections
- Key account management, Research new leads and make appointments
- European Travel & representation at Exhibitions, forums and sales missions
- Attend networking events to build new relationships
- To maintain accurate, database records of all accounts, detailing content of all meetings and telephone conversations held with clients via Microsoft Dynamics
- Ensure that all enquiries are either responded to or handed to the relevant sales department
- Assist as required in chasing up and converting existing business via established relationships.
- Work closely with the BDM’s
- To build the waitlist for the new season 18/19
- To generate new seasonal hospitality leads for suites, boxes and large seat allocations
- To generate new match by match leads for boxes and large seat allocations
- Identify, communicate and action potential sales leads and be commercially aware
- To generate new business in major regions
- To respond positively to sales opportunities by identifying and establish new opportunities within the accounts, whilst continuing to develop and expand current accounts.
- Educate yourself on relevant Hospitality packages, availability, price structure and package details.
- Share weekly pro-active sales reports with your manager
MEETING & EVENTS
- Create leads for M&E ensuring all customers receive a friendly and efficient response
- Identify, communicate and action potential sales leads
- Identify key target customers both existing and new
- Confirm & co-ordinate onsite & offsite meetings and site inspections
- Ensure that any enquiries that require assistance in follow up and/or conversion are followed up and updated on the system
REQUIRED SKILLS & PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of generating new business leads & account management
- Achieving weekly/monthly targets
- Proven background working in a proactive sales role – in either a Hotel, Venue or Matchday Sales role for a minimum of two years
- Experience of exhibiting at industry exhibitions & attending networking events
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both internally and externally with ability to build and manage successful business relationships
- Outstanding communication, organisational skills, time management & verbal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Pro-active approach with ability to work under own initiative and also in a team
- Experience with CRM Dynamics
- Be a team player
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the sport industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to sports recruitment, please contact us now.