To co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the Club are adhered to. To create a lasting positive Health and Safety Culture across the Club and across its key contractors.
· Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
· Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
· Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
· Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
· Introduce and administer The Action Manager task and document management system across key departments.
· Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
· Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
· Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
· Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
· Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
· Liaise with Human Resource and external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
· Manage and devise the agenda, take and distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
· Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
· Provide regular reports to the Head of Operations and Events and the Event Build Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
· Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters. Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc
· Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
· Support the Event Build department by completing contractor inductions.
· Complete site inspections for the contractors working on site during builds throughout the year with a focus on C+E and Pre-Event day work.
· Support Event days as applicable.
· Such other duties as the Company may, at times, reasonably require.
· Some weekend Site Management responsibility during busy build periods.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
· At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
· NEBOSH (General Certificate) or equivalent
· SMSTS or SSSTS
· Handling of H&S investigations
· Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
· Tech IOSH
The jobholder should possess core competencies to enable them to promote the Club as a first-class leisure venue and to ensure that all customers receive the best possible level of service. These include:
· Customer service
· Oral and written communication
· Creativity and innovation
· Attention to detail
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.