The Club is seeking an experienced Finance Manager for an immediate / near immediate start to oversee the timely and accurate creation of all annual, monthly and weekly financially led documents and procedures.
The role will be based in East London with working hours of Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm plus home matchdays and occasional weekend / evening work requirements.
· Play a leading role in ensuring a precise and coherent transfer of systems, processes and understanding from the Club’s current financial services partner
· To ensure the timely and accurate creation of the Club’s annual budget, monthly / quarterly forecasts, balance sheet, cash flows and management accounts
· To keep abreast of changes within relevant financial regulations and legislation
· Ensuring the timely collection of monies owed to the Club
· Analysing raw data and producing timely management reports
· Full monthly balance sheet review and reconciliation
· Maintaining a strong working relationship with relevant budget holders
· Responsible for accurate completeness of all cash income
· Reviewing and implementing cost-reduction where possible
· Creating and managing the Club’s financial accounting and monitoring systems
· Overseeing the Club’s monthly payroll.
· Producing accurate financial, income and profitability analysis for various Club departments and operations
· Liaison with auditors to meet annual requirements
· Liaison with various external organisations i.e. HMRC
· Providing regular commentary to accompany financial statements
· Conduct post investment reviews
· Manage any client billing periods
· Overseeing of Club’s stock management
· Ensure compliance of purchasing and tendering Club protocols
· Liaison with suppliers and commercial partners in understanding financials e.g. retail and catering
· Preparation of Club’s annual Report & Accounts
· Assisting the CEO in ad hoc tasks and projects
- A minimum three years Financial Management experience
- ACCA / CIMA qualified accountant
- Experience and competent in use of Sage 200 and Xero
- Ability to meet deadlines efficiently
- Experience at working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Professional and up-to-date qualifications from degree level and above
- Proficient in use of finance software, preferably Sage 200 and Xero
- Thorough understanding of financial trends and market patterns
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Effective and articulate, both in writing and by the spoken word
- Drive and determination (gets things done)
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.