"James, alongside everyone at Sporting Appointments, was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole recruitment process. He really took the stress out of my job search and presented me with a dream job for a company I never thought would be available to me. James supported me throughout the whole process, offering advice and guidance during the interview stages and always kept me up to date and in the loop with what was happening. James was professional, diligent and presented a real passion for helping me land the job, which is not something I have encountered before. I would not hesitate to recommend James to anyone looking for a position, and will be sending any potential job seekers his way."
Event Operations Coordinator x2
The Event Operations Coordinators main commercial activity will be the organisation of the International Team competitions within tennis – Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but also the management of tournaments below the ATP and WTA level and also the general administration of the game and communication.
Key objectives for this new hire is to:
- Grow and develop the sport worldwide
- To develop the game at all levels and for the benefit of all players
- To promote its International Team and Individual events throughout the World - to ensure that the rules and integrity of the game are upheld at all times.
- Compile event information and ensuring smooth flow of information between National Associations and other relevant bodies
- Attend site visits in preparation for events to ensure venue selection process and all minimum standards are met
- Assist in the general pre-event preparation and organisation
- Work with international sponsors to ensure optimal delivery of all contractual rights including on-site activations, tickets, hospitality, commercial displays, give-aways, accreditations, accommodation and flights
- Assist and guide National Associations in the organisation and delivery of their events and ensure compliance with all sporting regulations and operational guidelines
- Attend Davis Cup & Fed Cup events to ensure their smooth delivery
- Ensure that Team Leader and Manager are kept informed of progress of projects affecting their areas of responsibility as well as all other departments involved
- Undertake general departmental projects relating to event planning
- Perform other Event Operations tasks as appropriate.
- Proven track record of international event organisation experience
- Sports sponsorship experience (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- A high standard of administrative skills (essential)
- Good planning & organisation skills
- Proven computer literacy (inc, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent telephone manner
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Languages: One fluent European language other than English (Spanish and French preferred) is essential and a third language desirable
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and overall front of house presence
- Confident interacting with a broad range and level of stakeholder
- Experience of dealing with VIP’s and demanding clients is a plus
- Ability to use own initiative
- Interest in sport and sport business
- Tennis knowledge is a benefit
- Hours can be long and weekend travel is part of the role.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.