The main role purpose will be to convert sales enquiries into business, to drive new business through proactive sales and to maximise sales from new and existing customers.
· To proactively sell Conference and Events packages and offers in order to maximise the use of facilities across the region 365 days per year.
· To achieve and exceed Conference & Events sales targets.
· Devising innovative sales incentives to grow business from the existing customer base to meet targets and ensure strong levels of repeat business.
· To identify and target new commercial customers and sectors and bring in new sales from these markets to achieve business targets through proactive sales initiatives, including generating and attending client meetings off site and feet on the streets when required.
· To liaise and assist with the effective selling of Hospitality and Sponsorship packages and offers in order to contribute to the achievement of sales targets in these areas of the business.
· To account manage relationships with key Conference & Events accounts and agents.
· To be responsible for meeting and corresponding with all potential clients.
· To assist with the preparation of proposals for new clients and to meet and show round where necessary the facilities on offer across the region.
· To ensure the effective management of the enquiries, including Client communication regarding their booking, ensuring details are up-to-date and diary notes are maintained within EBMS (and other systems) throughout sales process.
· To assist in the preparation and distribution of mail shots and other literature throughout the year to attract new clients to and to follow up as necessary.
· To provide accurate weekly sales and activity reports to the Regional C&E Manager and Regional Head of Sales
· Work with the catering and operations team to ensure that both F&B and service standards set for all business areas are innovative and of a high quality that delivers best experience.
· To work collaboratively with the Marketing department to deliver messages to potential clients.
· To represent the region as required at exhibitions, open days and other client liaison activities.
· To get involved and actively participate in local networking groups and relevant stake holders across other racing organizations as required.
· To assist in the creation and implementation of effective Sales activity as outlined in the overall region’s commercial strategy ensuring that accurate reporting of such initiatives is carried out.
· Embrace the Core Values as part of working practices.
· General sales office duties including answering telephone and handling enquiries.
· To comply at all times with Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Conference & Events industry or leisure, travel, hotel industry.
- Local knowledge would be preferable.
- Proactive sales experience in a similar sales role
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- To have a proven record of sales negotiation and persuasive selling skills.
- To have experience in Account Management.
- Excellent organisational skills and examples of attention to detail.
- Excellent sales presentation skills.
- Excellent sales opportunity focus.
- Pro-active approach. Customer focus, Tenacious and Energetic.
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Financially aware.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Word and Excel is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.