The successful applicant will work with the Sales and Marketing Manager to create an inspired and creative sales strategy. The Sponsorship and Partnerships Executive will implement this strategy to maximise revenue for the following key income streams; Race Sponsorship, Hospitality & Restaurant sales, On-course advertising in the form of partnerships, hire, ticket sales.
This will be achieved through proactively identifying and sourcing new customers in each of the above categories. You will need to renew and retain existing clients by ensuring they receive excellent customer service and by keeping a dialogue open to ensure they are aware of all future opportunities. Your weekly, monthly and annual targets will include:
- Meeting commercial targets
- Ensuring effective delivery of partnerships
- Arranging and hosting events onsite and offsite for existing and prospective partners
The challenges of the role are also its benefits; it’s fast paced, varied and no two days are the same. You must be experienced in managing significant value sponsorship partners simultaneously and be flexible enough to re-prioritise when the commercial targets demand.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Sales experience in a proactive sales environment
· Ability to work to targets
· Effective networker
· Creative thinker
· Ability to work under pressure and manage a diverse workload
· Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends
· Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and develop
· Team player
· Eligible to work in UK
· Interest in or knowledge of horse racing
· Experience in a leisure or sporting environment
· Good IT skills particularly Microsoft Office
· Enthusiastic, determined and target-driven
· Energetic and willing to lead by example
· People-orientated with an open, participative, team-based working style
· An excellent communicator at all levels across the business and with customers
· Strategic thinker
· Organised, systematic, analytical and process driven
· A sense of humour and willingness to roll your sleeves up as part of our hands-on team
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.