One of the world’s leading sports & entertainment media agencies is seeking an Operations Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all operational elements of the Motorsport division
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· To manage all operational elements of the Motorsport division.
· To engage with key suppliers and contractors, event promoters, contract staff and other Championship partners.
· To develop and manage operations budgets, including those for logistics planning and event accessories for the Championship.
· To be present at all Championship events to ensure that each Event is delivered to a high standard, working as part of a tight-knit onsite team.
· To ensure best practice in Championship operating standards.
· To assist in the development of new events, including venue selection.
Key Results Areas
· Delivery of group’s Championship operational obligations (including at Championship events) to a high standard and in accordance with all relevant rules and regulations.
· Accurate budget management.
· Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Championship teams, suppliers, partners, contractors, public authorities and the wider motorsports and events industry.
· Compliance with operational best practice.
Knowledge and Experience
· Senior-level experience in motorsport management
· Senior-level experience of large-scale entertainment events
· Interest in motorsports
Skills and Abilities
· Established negotiation skills
· Budget management and on the job cost control
· Excellent management skills
· Planning skills (ie project management)
· Excellent personal time management
· Attention to detail
· Ability to crisis management
Qualifications and Training
· Microsoft packages, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of health and safety best practice
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances
· Occasional Event working including evenings and weekends
· Outside of event travel there may be a requirement to travel for meetings and site visits
· Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Pension, Income Protection
· 23 days per annum plus bank holidays
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the sport industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to sports recruitment, please contact us now.