My client is a very important business to the sport of Tennis! Currently is looking to appoint a Pro Tennis Team Lead - 12 months Fixed Term Contract.
This role may include some travel worldwide, sometimes for extended periods and at weekends.
· Assist the Managers to manage, develop and monitor: the day-to-day operation of the Circuit and Tour; Circuit and Tour ICT programmes (tournament results, ranking, database, player online entry system); Circuit and Tour support programmes (player welfare and player education); professional tennis development activity (grow professional tennis worldwide); professional tennis budgets.
· Monitor, uphold and implement the Professional Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities to ensure the organisation’s Professional Tennis interests are professionally represented.
· Assist with the organisation and delivery of major events and attend Professional Tennis competitions and other Circuits events as required.
· Assist the Managers to monitor, develop, support and appraise department personnel, providing leadership, guidance, interpretation and implementation of strategy and ongoing review of performance.
· Coordinate with the Managers to ensure all Committees are properly informed and consulted. Help implement the strategic and operational goals set by the Committees.
· Contribute to the overall strategy through the preparation and presentation of strategy documents to Committees and the Board, as requested.
· Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required by the Managers or Executive Director.
· The post-holder is expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skill and experience in sport governance, player education, internal and external committees, rules and regulations, information technology etc.
· Effective interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills are important, as are project management, leadership and the ability to manage relationships within a team and aid personal development of staff members.
· Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s) are desirable but not essential.
· Lunch is provided (up to £7 per day) at on-site facilities
· 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
· Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK on application. A DBS check may be required of the successful applicant.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.