This role will include some travel worldwide, sometimes for extended periods and at weekends.
· Manage, develop and monitor the day-to-day operation of the Junior Circuit, including but not limited to: ensuring that the Calendar is published on time and that any issues are resolved or escalated to the Manager if necessary; ensuring all fact sheets are received and published in a timely manner; ensuring all email queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
· Monitor, uphold and implement the Junior Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct. Coordinate any Major Offence or Player Welfare investigations and Internal Adjudication Panel appeals, ensuring that the Manager and other relevant people receive accurate and detailed files.
· Monitor the implementation of the organisation’s security procedures for Junior Circuit and Team Competition events.
· Assist the Manager with setting department budgets; Monitor all department budgets on a regular basis.
· Assist the Manager with the development and maintenance of the organisation’s Junior Education programme.
· Assist the Manager to monitor, develop, support and appraise department personnel, providing leadership, guidance, interpretation and implementation of strategy and ongoing review of performance.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities to ensure the organisation’s junior interests are professionally represented.
· Coordinate with the Manager and Executive Director to ensure the Junior Committee is properly informed and consulted. Help implement the strategic and operational goals set by the Committee.
· Contribute to the overall strategy, through the preparation and presentation of strategy documents to Committees and the Board, as requested.
· Take responsibility for all arrangements for Committee meetings, including travel, accommodation, catering, expenses and the writing and distribution of minutes.
· Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required.
· The post-holder is expected to demonstrate excellent organisational and administration skills.
· Effective interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and supervisory skills are important, as are project management, leadership and the ability to manage relationships within a team and aid personal development of staff members.
· Knowledge and experience of tennis would be beneficial.
· Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s), particularly Spanish, are desirable but not essential.
· Lunch is provided (up to £7 per day) at on-site facilities
· 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
· Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK on application. A DBS check may be required of the successful applicant.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.