This role will include some travel worldwide, sometimes for extended periods and weekend work.
· Provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders, including players
· Liaise with and provide all necessary support to National Associations and tournament organisers regarding tournament organisation and other wheelchair tennis related matters
· Ensure receipt and publication of tournament fact sheets and weekly results
· Ensure publication of updated rankings
· Assist with maintenance of the Tour Calendar and player Code of Conduct
· Develop a full understanding of all wheelchair tennis competition regulations; contribute to their ongoing development in the best interests of the game and stakeholders
· Assist with the organisation and administration of major wheelchair tennis events
· Prepare information materials for distribution to stakeholders, including major event circulars, player notices, regulation updates
· Assist with preparation of information materials for sponsors/partners
· Prepare and distribute invoices for collection of monies
· To administer specific wheelchair tennis projects and undertake relevant and reasonable duties as requested by the Head of department.
· To ensure that the projects allocated run as efficiently and effectively as possible
· To attend regular team meetings regarding division of work / progress of projects
· To liaise closely with departmental colleagues, other Tennis departments, national and regional associations on projects allocated
· To travel to and act as organisation’s representative at certain events as required
· Preparation of papers for meetings; to attend Committee / Commission / other meetings and take minutes as necessary
- Knowledge of and keen interest in tennis and/or disability sport
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other languages desirable, particularly Spanish and/or French
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent administration, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Good attention to detail/accuracy; ability to focus on routine tasks
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Event/project administration experience
- Ability to prioritise and take initiative
- Ability to work independently whilst also as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, diplomatic and motivated
- Salary on request
- Core hours 9.15am -5.15pm Mon – Fri
- Lunch is provided (up to £7 per day) at on site facilities
- 20 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
- Childcare vouchers / ride to work scheme
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. A DBS check may be required of the successful applicant.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.