My client is a very important business to the sport of Tennis! Currently is looking to appoint a Beach Tennis Manager.
The role’s main activity is to manage Beach Tennis activities, championships and tours, but also act as co-ordinator between the Senior Executive Director, the Executive Director, the relevant committees, advisory panels and Beach Tennis personnel to facilitate the implementation of the agreed strategy for the activity and associated events.
· Manage, develop and monitor: team members and the day-to-day operation of the tournaments and associated team and individual championships; Tour programmes (tournament results, ranking, database, player online entry system); Tour support programmes (player welfare and player education); media and communications tools (website, publicity materials, social media forums etc.); Beach Tennis juniors activity (grow beach tennis worldwide); activity budgets.
· Monitor, uphold and implement the Beach Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct and the Rules of Beach Tennis.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities (Regional and National Associations and other external parties) to ensure the club’s Beach Tennis interests are professionally represented.
· Monitor, develop and grow Beach Tennis activities and department personnel, providing leadership, guidance, interpretation and implementation of strategy and measuring performance.
Work with other departments and personnel, including but not limited to
· Sports Science and Technical – to monitor beach tennis equipment innovation and modification;
· Commercial – to ensure an effective commercial strategy is in place; to assist with the promotion of the activity to prospective sponsors and to provide services to secured partners;
· Legal – to provide consultative briefings relevant to Code of Conduct, Eligibility and other issues as required;
· Communications – to develop and implement an effective media strategy;
· Finance – to ensure efficient and effective budgeting and collection of monies due.
· Coordinate with the Executive Director to ensure all committees and bodies are properly informed and consulted. Ensure the strategic and operational goals set by the committees are achieved.
· Contribute to the overall strategy of the club, with particular emphasis on the Tour, through the preparation and presentation of strategy documents to committees and the Board, as requested.
· Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required by the Executive Director.
· The post-holder is expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skill and experience across beach tennis, player education, communication and media, internal and external committees, rules and regulations, information technology etc.
· Effective interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills are important, as are project management, leadership and the ability to manage relationships within a team and aid personal development of staff members.
· Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s) are desirable but not essential.
· Salary on request
· Lunch is provided (up to £7 per day) at on site facilities
· 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
· Private healthcare, group personal pension scheme and life assurance
· Childcare vouchers / ride to work scheme
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK on application. A DBS check may be required of the successful applicant.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.