· Assist the Head to manage, develop and monitor: the day-to-day operation of the Tour; Tour ICT programmes (tournament results, ranking, database, player online entry system).
· Monitor, uphold and implement the Wheelchair Tennis Regulations and Code of Conduct.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with external authorities (Grand Slams, International Paralympic Committee, Regional and National Associations)
· Assist with the organisation and delivery of major tennis events and attend wheelchair competitions.
· Work with other departments and personnel, including but not limited to:
· Sports Science & Medical, Classifiers – to ensure appropriate classification of wheelchair athletes and facilitate implementation and review of the classification system in accordance with the IPC Classification Code;
· Legal – to provide consultative briefings relevant to Code of Conduct, Eligibility and other issues as required;
· ICT – to ensure efficient and effective systems are implemented for players.
· Finance – to ensure efficient and effective budgeting and collection of monies due.
· Coordinate with the Head and Executive Director to ensure all Committees are properly informed and consulted.
· Undertake other responsibilities and projects as required by the Head or Executive Director.
· The post-holder is expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skill and experience in sport governance, child protection/player welfare issues, player education, internal and external committees, rules and regulations.
· Knowledge and experience of wheelchair tennis and/or disability sport would be beneficial.
· Applicants should be fluent in both written and spoken English; additional European language(s) are desirable but not essential
· Salary on request
· Core hours 9.15am -5.15pm Mon – Fri (although longer hours and weekend work are a part of the role when travelling)
· Lunch is provided (up to £7 per day) at on site facilities
· 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
· Group personal pension scheme/Life assurance (subject to conditions)/Private healthcare
· Ride2Work (in conjunction with Evans Cycles) and childcare voucher scheme
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.