Purpose of the Role
The Marketing and Communications Executive, will be responsible for leading the marketing strategy and delivery of activity for the event portfolio and supporting the Marketing Manager in contributing significantly towards the delivery of campaigns.
Ultimately the aim is to grow the events as much as possible, making the events famous and helping to drive awareness and engagement for the events’ sponsors and partners. The role will involve a lot of variety, and whilst there will be support from across the commercial and marketing team, the Marketing and Communications Executive will be responsible for managing their own workload and hitting key deadlines.
- Devise and activate the marketing and commercial strategy for each of the events
- Support the delivery of marketing campaigns
- Manage the advertising budget for the events
- Develop and expand grassroots relationships, for example with smaller clubs and events
- Grow and develop relationships with key local stakeholders e.g. councils
- Seek out and generate new contra-marketing and media partnerships with relevant businesses
- Work alongside the events sponsors and their marketing teams to deliver joint marketing
- Support delivery of PR and Communications (press release writing and distribution, management of sport specific and local media relationships, hosting of media events)
- Manage and create content for Social Media channels
- Attend the events on occasion as the lead company commercial representative and to carry out relevant duties
- Book and negotiate advertising campaigns
- Manage fulfillment of advertising campaigns, writing copy & briefing design agencies
- Fulfill several administration duties related to the delivery of the marketing activity, such as post event reporting
Skills and Experience Required
- A creative thinker, confident with expressing opinions and generating new ideas
- A commercial mind with strong networking skills
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing.
- Can write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Personable and Passionate
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Ideally educated to degree standard
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Min 1 years marketing and communications experience either agency or in-house
- Networking / building relationships having successfully set up partnerships
- A passion for sports would be very beneficial for the role
- A love of sport in general and an energetic disposition
- Ability to speak French would be an advantage
- Full clean driving licence would be useful
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.