"Sporting Appointments offer an excellent service ensuring they have a clear understanding of the organisation, structure and culture plus a detailed knowledge of the vacant role prior to introducing candidates. Their consultants meet all the candidates and provide a good summary of the individual along with their CV. This gives more detail on their current situation, background, career history and longer term goals.
They are friendly and reliable and provide a good continuity of service. Sporting Appointments also cover a wide spectrum of roles from graduate entry level to senior executive searches. We have used them successfully for both.
I would not hesitate to recommend their services."
International Tennis Federation
Sales Executive - Manchester
My client is a leading sporting organisation looking for a Sales Executive to join their highley successful team to drive the sales function of the business
- Meet and exceed sales targets set via KPI’s e.g. revenue target, number of calls per day, number of appointments made per week
- Ensure that all sales enquiries are handled within sales guidelines, SOP’s and enquiry handling standards
- Ensure that all telephone calls (in and out bound) are handled in a timely and professional manner
- Research and establish new target markets & business streams in line with departmental objectives and under the guidance of the CRM & Marketing teams
- Undertake research to generate new business opportunities to develop and sales presentations
- Effective communication with clients throughout the booking process to ensure full understanding and management of client requirements and identification of further opportunities
- Work closely with the other teams to ensure that all client details and requirements are passed over once the sale of the match day facility has been carried out
- Lead the follow up process for large marketing campaigns/activity
- Work with the other teams to identify cross selling and lead generations opportunities
- Effective communication to the Sales Manager of opportunities identified
- Conduct outbound telemarketing / cold calling as required
- Ensure clean and accurate records held
- Assist with the production of sales reports and team activity reports as required
- Record, analyse and report according to systems and requirements
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant degree or qualification
- Proven sales experience in a similar B2B role
- Desire to exceed targets
- Ability to manage and implement administration controls and control procedures
- A commitment to driving continuous improvement in their working environment
- Be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft office or similar packages
- Strong negotiation skills
- Standards and quality driven
- Ability to work in a multi task, highly pressurised environment
- A practical approach to problem solving
- Organised and methodical
- Sound personal qualities such as communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment, self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.