"James, alongside everyone at Sporting Appointments, was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole recruitment process. He really took the stress out of my job search and presented me with a dream job for a company I never thought would be available to me. James supported me throughout the whole process, offering advice and guidance during the interview stages and always kept me up to date and in the loop with what was happening. James was professional, diligent and presented a real passion for helping me land the job, which is not something I have encountered before. I would not hesitate to recommend James to anyone looking for a position, and will be sending any potential job seekers his way."
Senior Sales Executive x2 - London
Senior Sales Executive
As Senior Sales Executive you will be responsible for maximising all potential revenue to achieve/ exceed targets on designated shows. You will be responsible for selling corporate hospitality packages and stand space on all events.
- Good telesales experience and results
- Maximise all potential revenue to achieve/exceed event targets.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Achieve and maintain high activity (over 40 dials a day – 5 effective calls)
- Proactively lead source from all other mediums
- Maintain, develop and manage sales database including record of key contacts and sales communication
- Work closely with members of the sales team to develop ideas and approaches
- Report on sales activity and sales results on demand
- Contribute ideas to develop the event – read industry press, exploit knowledge to spot new opportunities.
- Administration skills – organised – planner.
- Experience of sales planning.
- Ability to manipulate/translate visitor marketing strategies/plans into exhibitor sales benefits.
- Maintain and update floor plan.
- Liaise with other internal departments/functions – marketing, operations, conferences, accounts, PR etc.
- Ensure re-booking process is implemented to achieve required targets
- Retain integrity of events by adhering to set processes and maintaining high yield
- Develop an in depth understanding of the market landscape
- Contribute ideas to develop the event – read trade press, knowledge to spot new opportunities
- Execute a consistent and well thought out sales communication schedule
- Able to take a brief, manage your own agenda and deliver on it without the need for reminders
- Ensure all agreed processes are adhered to and implemented with excellent attention to detail
- Create a customer care programme to maintain strong relationships, ensures excellent on site deliver and drives show loyalty
Key Results Areas
- All personal targets are achieved and exceeded
- All lead show targets are achieved and exceeded
- All communication is answered within the agreed timeframes
- All clients have a dependable and personal service
- All development responsibilities are delivered to set performance targets
- You are an active contributor to the entire sales team
- Creative thinker, able to enhance the event content through unique ideas and develop sponsorship level client relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of campaign with weekly and monthly accurate sales forecasting
Person Specification Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ sales experience
- 1 year managing teams
- High IT competency; knowledge and experience of all Microsoft Office programmes
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Organised and motivational leader
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercially aware
- Customer focused
- Able to work and deliver under pressure
- Ability to deliver results through others
- High attention to detail
- initiative and solution led thinking
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.